Important IT services for students
All students get Office365 free: Software and collaboration in the cloud.
- You may access your files regardless of location and device (from PC, pad, smartphone)
- You may share your files with others in a simple and secure way
- Two or more users may edit a document simultaneously, you see what the others are writing.
- You get 1 TB of secure storage in OneDrive
- You may download and install Office software on you PC, laptop, pad and smartphone
At UiB we use SafeCom Pullprint to print, copy and scan documents. Your UiB keycard identifies you as user. This makes the system secure and simple to use.
- When you have a UiB user account, you automatically get access to SafeCom Pullprint.
- As a student you have to transfer money to your Pullprint account in order to print or copy.
- On all UiB computers Pullprint should be available and configured as default printer. You may also use Mprint to send documents from anywhere with e-mail or upload!
- Use any printer or multi function copier on campus, swipe your card and press "Pullprint" on the panel - your document is printed.
Students at UiB get an e-mail account with address firstname.lastname@example.org.
From fall 2020 students at UiB use Exchange Online (Outlook) to read and send e-mail.
In addition to Office 365 there is other software you may download or access.
Some software may be downloaded from https://tjinfo.uib.no/program. Most of these are limited to UiB use (may not be used for commercial or non-academic purposes).
PC rooms and user support
Information and self-help
- User account
- Printing and copying
- Mitt UiB: Log in or learn more
- Digital exams
- What does it mean? Check out our A-Z-page.
Guidelines and regulations
(unfortunately only in Norwegian)
- Regulations for creating, maintaining and deleting user accounts for students
- Common guidelines for reading rooms at the University of Bergen