Mac OS X: Eduroam
Make a network profile for 'eduroam'
- Open System Preferences
- Select Network
- Select New Location...
- Select Show Network Port Configuration
- Check so only Airport (WLAN) is active
- Select Show Airport
- Select By default, join a specific network
- Type eduroam in the field Network. Let the password field remain blank.
- Go to the TCP/IP configuration. Verify that Using DHCP is selected.
The screen dump below shows the configuration of a new network profile called eduroam.
To make the eduroam profile work, it must be correctly configured using IEEE 802.1X
- Start the program Internet Connect
- Select the 802.1X tab
- Select Configuration: Edit Configurations...
- Type eduroam as a description
- Select Network Port Airport
- Enter your user name and password
- Select Wireless Network: eduroam
- Drag PEAP to the top of the list of authentication methods
- Press OK
The screen dump shows the configuration of 802.1X
- After entering the configuration for the first time, you have to manually press Connect to connect. The next time you choose Location: eduroam from the "apple menu" you are automatically connected to the correct WLAN using 802.1X.
- The first time you connect you will get a request to verify a certificate. Check it's authenticity and press Accept. If you already have installed the Certificate Authority (CA) public certificate correctly in your Keychain, this question will not appear.
The screen dump shows a working connection.
(Hentet fra: http://www.eduroam.uib.no/user/macosx.html)