Difference between revisions of "User account for students"
(Removing categories that have no meaning.)
m (Added language link.)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
== User account ==
== User account ==
Revision as of 14:00, 15 February 2018
As a student at the University of Bergen (UiB), you will need access to computer services to undertake your studies. To take advantage of these services, you need to create a user account in SEBRA.
UiB User Account Features
- Personal pages - My Space - which allows access to web based learning resourses and relevant class information.
- Personal browser based email account with lots of storage.
- Personal file storage and backup.
- Access to computer labs with print capabilities
- Connection to the internet and UiB's network from a private computer (ADSL or wireless)
- An account that may be used with MSN
- Access to the internet at other research and education institutions through Eduroam
When you are accepted at UiB and have registered, you need to create a user account. This is done by going to sebra.uib.no, and following the instructions there. There you will also be able to change your password.
This should be done as soon as possible after registering. Note that it may take up to an hour after registering before you can create an account.
NB! New students accepted by samordna opptak can not register for their semester (and thus not create an account) before start of term.
You will need a Norwegian ID number, student number and pin code to create a user account. The student number and pin code can be found on the giro sheet for payment of the semester fee. Make sure you have these available.
Be advised! If the semester fee has not been payed by the first of September, the user account will automatically be closed.
UiB's rules for creating, using and deleting user accounts for students is available in Norwegian only.
Student account for faculty members
Faculty members who become students will not automatically be able to create a student account. By opening an issue in https://bs.uib.no, the SEBRA administrators will be able to create an account if the semester fee and semester registering is in order.