All UiB students and employees must have a user account.
The user account is registered in the Sebra system, along with your name, registered date, and so forth.
The user account will provide a username that one can use to access University of Bergen services,
login to UiB computers, email, Pullprint, storage and more.
Important information is given by the University email system, and everyone has to read this information.
Also the user account is needed to access file and print services, etc.
If you are a student:
you can set up your UiB account in SEBRA, The UiB user administration system.
Note: Remember to pay your semester fee before trying to log in!
If you are a new employee, a researcher, staff or guest member at UiB:
- you must apply for a user account in UiB's user administration system:
- your application for a user account must be approved by your institute / department
- you then can create your user account at:
You may want to check the list of persons who can approve user account applications at:
Two kinds of temporary user accounts are available for visitors. An employee at UiB or Uni Research must apply for or create the user account. This person is also responsible for the use of it, and must keep record of created user accounts.
- Internet access from non-UiB laptop: "Nettkonto" (net account)
- 1, 3 or 7 days
- User name, password and a short introduction for use is given on a web page after the acount is created
- Logon to UiB computers, print (Pullprint) and storage on server: "Kurskonto" (course account)
- 1 - 30 days
- to be created in SEBRA
- The user account and all data (if any) the user has stored on server is deleted at expiration date.
- Scan to email is not available since user accounts for visitors has no corresponding email address.
- Print on student printers will be billed to the department of the creator of the user account, the same way as for employees and others.