Support for employees
IT support for employees at UiB and Unifob is provided by BRITA, the IT department's service desk for employees.
We recommend navigating or searching for a solution to your problem or question.
Please also note our service declaration.
- Call us at (+47) 55 58 47 00 (8:00 - 15:45)
Before you call our service desk we ask you to have this information available:
- Your UiB user name
- Your computer's name and IP adress: (for users with UiB Windows computers: Start - Support - Show Computer Info)
- Your computer's IP adress can also be found in the footer of tjinfo.uib.no
- The issue number, if you already have an issue for the same problem
What is BRITA
The name BRITA is an abbreviation of Norwegian for:
User support (brukerstøtte) from the IT department (IT-avdelingen) for employees (ansatte).
The services from BRITA include:
- support on UiB technical equipment
- installation or reinstallation of UiB PCs
- adding available software on UiB PCs
- answering or forwarding questions or requests regarding UiB IT services
See the service declaration for full details.