Questions and answers about Pullprint
- 1 under construction
- 2 Where can I collect my print jobs?
- 3 Printer error
- 4 I can not log in to a Pullprint printer with my card, what's wrong?
- 5 Money on Pullprint account - (students only)
- 6 Payprint.uib.no management prints
- 7 User guide does not work - Unable to find the right user guide
- 8 None of the tips on this page help / I need assistance from the IT department
Where can I collect my print jobs?
When you send a print job to \\pullprint.uib.no\PullPrint, the job doesn't immediately exit any particular printer. You have to go to the printer and swipe your card in order to collect it. You can do this at any printer at UiB connected to the Pullprint system.
- Turn the printer off and on (always try this first, solves many problems)
- Make sure the network cable is plugged into an outlet labeled (D). (T is a telephone outlet).
- Unplug the network cable and plug it back in. Check if there are green/orange flickering lights at the back of the printer.
- Try printing a test page. (Found in the printer display menu).
- Check if toner and paper levels are OK.
- Make sure A4 is the selected default paper size.
I can not log in to a Pullprint printer with my card, what's wrong?
I cannot log on to the Pullprint machines with my card, what's wrong?
There can be multiple reasons.
- You aren't registered in the Safecom(pullprint)-system. Until further notice, you need a regular employee or student card or a course account in order to be automatically added. Please note that there might be some delay after you collect your new card at Kortsenteret, before a new user or a new card is added to the PullPrint system. If you aren't in the system, you will most likely receive an error message about a PUK-code. If this is the case, contact the IT-department.
- Your card might be worn or damaged, the card reader will then have problems reading it properly.
- You are using the wrong card. If you have both a student and an employee card, only one of these will work. If you have an active employee status, use the employee card.
- The printer or the card reader might be temporarily out of order in rare cases. Try turning it off and on. WARNING: do not do this while logged on.
- You are swiping your card too fast. Some card readers are more sensitive than others. You should see a green light if the card is read successfully.
- If you get the message "Credit too low", this normally means that you are out of credits on your print account, but if you are a fresh, new student, it usually means that you haven't ever deposited any money on your print account. You can top up your card through https://payprint.uib.no. See Pullprint#How to use PayPrint at UiB.
Please note! If the printer you are using suddenly stops functioning due to paper jam, empty toner cartridge, empty paper tray or other, the amount reserved on your payprint account will often not be released until the fault has been corrected or the printer has been turned off and on again, and in the mean time you will get the message "Credit too low". Sometimes the reservation has to be released manually be the IT dept.
- Your print account in the Safecom system may have been locked, e. g. by entering an incorrect password (three times) when logging manually on to a printer. Your account will then have to be manually unlocked by IT-staff.
As a temporary solution (until you receive a new card etc), you can log on to printers with a touch screen display by using your user name and password. Touch the Pullprint icon to go to the login screen. This also requires you to be registered in the Pullprint system. If it doesn't work, contact the IT-department.
Money on Pullprint account - (students only)
Why did the printer charge the wrong amount?
Two-sided printing is the default. If you have a document with some blank lines at the bottom of the page, accidentally creating a second page, you will be charged two pages (2 x 0.25 NOK), even if there are only blank lines on page 2! Make sure you delete page breaks, blank lines etc at the bottom of the document. This prevents over-charging and gives you a tidier document.
If you still believe you have been incorrectly charged, contact the IT-department at https://bs.uib.no. Remember to provide exact information about the time of the print job and the amount.
Credit Too Low - What does this mean?
What arrangements apply to organizational work for students?
/What solutions are available for student organizational work?/ Faculties and departments may provide extra print credits for students who are IT-assistants or members of various student organizations, UiB committees etc. Talk to your closest administration (department, faculty or organization), and they will tell you how to go about.
What arrangements apply to students who are part-time or have commitments at UiB?
Payprint.uib.no management prints
User guide does not work - Unable to find the right user guide
None of the tips on this page help / I need assistance from the IT department
The following information will help us reply to your request faster:
- When did you last use the printer successfully?
- Is the request about a Pullprint-machine?
- Do you have problems on Mac, Windows or Linux?
- Contact BRITA at https://bs.uib.no or at tel. (555) 84700.