Login with email@example.com
Employees may choose to use e-mail address, firstname.lastname@example.org
What is Office 365?
Office 365 is a collection of cloud-based services and applications from Microsoft.
Note that cloud services like Microsoft OneDrive are not considered secure storage locations for sensitive information! Make sure you do not store sensitive information in the cloud with Office 365. See also Cloud services.
- You have access to your documents regardless of location and device (PC, tablet, mobile).
- You can easily and safely share documents and files with others .
- Several people can edit a document at the same time, and each person can see what the others are writing.
- You have a 1TB storage space with high security in OneDrive
- You may install the Office software on up to 5 different devices (eg home PC, laptop, tablet, mobile phone)
- Cloud services like Microsoft OneDrive are not considered secure storage locations for sensitive information! Make sure you do not store sensitive information in the cloud with Office 365. See also Cloud services.
- When using Office 365 in a web browser, all documents are automatically stored in the portal - OneDrive.
- The functionality of the online version (in a web browser) may have limited functionality compared to applications installed on the pc / mac.
- The range of programs and upgrades of these are determined by Microsoft and is not controlled by the IT department.
Applications available in Office 365
- Word - word processing
- Excel spreadsheet to create tables and make calculations
- PowerPoint - to create presentations
- OneDrive - cloud storage service
- Teams - chat-based collaboration area
- OneNote application to make quick notes
- Class Notebook application that helps you set up OneNote for a group
- Forms - to create surveys, quizzes and polls
- Sway - makes it easy to create and share interactive reports, personal stories, presentations, etc.
More applications will be available later, including Sharepoint
User guides and training
- How to log on to Office 365
- Office 365 Learning Center
- Limited offer to graduating students who want to continue the subscription privately: 50% off a 1-year subscription of Office 365 Personal.