Endnote is reference management software with a license agreement covering all UiB students and employees. The University Library manages a site license agreement which covers the right to use Endnote on private computers as well as on campus.
Endnote Web kjøres via nettet og behøver altså ikke installasjon og oppdateringer på egen PC. Men tilgang til internett er en nødvendighet for å bruke det. Dette er arvtakeren etter WriteNote.
Endntoe Web is an online reference management tool which is run without the need for installation of a certain program. You do, however, need access to the Internet through a web browser. Earlier versions were called WriteNote.
See also the University Library page (in Norwegian) about Endnote Web or go to myendnoteweb.com to logon or create an account.
Endnote on Windows
On Windows computers run by the IT department, Endnote must be installed by the IT department, and should not be installed manually. Contact BRITA on phone (555) 84700 or register an issue in Issue-tracker. Remember to supply your computer name.
Endnote is downloadable from https://tjinfo.uib.no/program with UiB user name and password.
- Note: This is made to help UiB users install the software on a private pc, and should not be used for installation on computers run by the IT department.
Add connections, filters and styles in Endnote
Download these files from https://tjinfo.uib.no/program :
- Endnote_connections_filters_styles_UB.exe (connections, filters and styles from the University Library)
- Endnote_connections_filters_styles.exe (collection of other connections, filters and styles)
These are zip files which will be packed out when double-clicked. Afterwards the contents should be copied from the unzipped folders into the corresponding folders where Endnote is installed. This will typically be:
C:\Program Files\EndNote X3
EndNote for Mac OS X
System requirements for Endnote on Mac tells you what you need in terms of:
- operating system - which OS X versions are supported
- word processor - which office software and versions support the available functions in Endote
Download a suitable version of Endnote from https://tjinfo.uib.no/program and start the installation.
CD for installation may also be borrowed from the IT department. Please call (+47 555) 84700 or register an issue in Issue-tracker
- Guides for the last versions (in Norwegian, from The University Library)
- Endnote help pages
- EndNote user forum is searchable and has user guides, discussions, etc.
- The University Library
- The Library Portal (Bibliotekportalen)
- Database with scientific publications with advanced library search