Connecting to your Unix home directory in Ubuntu Linux
You can connect this home area as a Windows (samba) share or as a sftp share.
Connecting via SFTP
- Open nautilus
- Press Ctrl + L (L for Location)
- Enter sftp://sync.uib.no in the address bar
- Type your username and password, choose to remember the password if you wish.
- If you are prompted to confirm the identity of the server select "Log In Anyway"
- In the left column under Network you've got the connection. Press the Home (circled) and then to your home directory.
- To keep the connection to the home area you can bookmark. This is done by pressing the "Add bookmark" from the Bookmarks menu.
- The bookmark may be given a more descriptive name. This can be done by right-clicking on the bookmark and select "Rename"
- It will look like this when you hover the mouse pointer over the bookmark you created. And you go straight to the home directory when you select this bookmark.