Changing the display language in Windows
UiB installs Windows 7 with english as the standard language preference. This can be altered and supports both versions of the Norwegian language.
Be aware that the language preference in Microsoft Office is set to be that equivalent of that of the one that is displayed in Windows 7. This means that when you are change the language of in Windows 7, you also alter the language preference in Office 2010. If you wish to only change the language preferences for Office 2010, click this link and follow its procedure step by step.
Who do I change display language for Windows 7
- Click on the Windows symbol to open the start menu and enter 'language' into the search field.
- From the hitlist, select Change display language.
- Select the language you want from the list under Choose a Display Language.
- Click on the OK button.
You will then be notified that this change will take affect the next time you log on.
- Click the Log off now button to log out immediately
- Click the Cancel button if you wish to log out later.
- For the change to be effective, you need to re-logon onto the machine.
If your computer is set to Norwegian display language and you wish to change it to English, you can follow the same procedure. The only difference is that you must enter 'språk' into the search field and choose 'endre visningspråk' to enter the correct menu.