Recommendations for digital collaboration
How to: Digital collaboration?
- Teams is UiB's preferred platform for digital collaboration. Both Teams and Zoom can be used for video meetings. The matrix gived recommendations for various uses:
- Log on to uib.zoom.us to start or participate in Zoom meetings.
- Digital meetings with Zoom.
- See more information in UiBhjelp.
- Familiarize yourself with our recommendations for Secure behaviour in digital meetings!
- We recommend using a headset with a microphone, not the computer's built-in speaker and microphone. Please see more information about ordering.
If you need a headset, contact us via UiBhjelp.
Even if you only have a headeset without microphone, this will give better sound quality than loudspeakers. (When you combine headset with the computer's built-in microphone.)
How to: Online meetings
- Use Teams
- Use Outlook to schedule a meeting in Teams or Skype. If the Teams button in Outlook is not available, log in to desktop.uib.no and call the meeting there.
How to move from classroom to online teaching and learning?
UiB has recently introduced two new services for remote learning:
- Kaltura: Used for recording lectures. Lecturers are encouraged to use recordings rather than live teaching sessions. Recordings may be done at your own convenience, have less risk of errors, and the students may peruse the recording several times.
- Zoom: is used were Kaltura is not suitable, e.g. live seminars with need for interaction between lecturer and students and group discussions or work. Zoom has functions for breakout-rooms, where students may be divided into groups.