At UiB, we use Pullprint to:
The UIB-card identifies you as a user. This makes the system safe and easy to use. This is how it works:
- Print to pullprint
- Go to any printer / multifunction printer on UiB
- Pull your card and select "Pullprint"
- The document is printed
- Bring what you are copying to any multifunction printer on UiB
- Pull your card and select the copy function
- Copy like you normally do
- Bring what you are scanning to any multifunction printer on UiB
- Pull your card and select "E-mail"
- Add the document and press the button
- The document is scanned and sent to your e-mail
If you would like to send the document to another recipient, enter the address. To perform character recognition (OCR), send the document to "firstname.lastname@example.org". The completed recognized document will be sent to your e-mail.
- Default setting is black / white, double sided printing. Color or other options are selected in the print settings.
- If you need color prints or special features (staple, booklet, etc.), you must print the document at a printer equipped for this.
- If the printer you normally use is busy or out of order, just go to another printer. All UiB PullPrint printers can be used!
- If you are printing from a computer that is not connected to the UiB printing system, a tablet, cell phone, etc., you can use Mprint. Send the document you would like to print as an attachment to email@example.com. See more information at it.uib.no/mprint.
- IT department is responsible for the purchase, placement and operation of printers (including multifunction printers). We place printers as needed and usage patterns.
- Order and refilling of paper and staples is done by the individual department / department. Talk to the administration at your department if you have questions about this.