Personal web pages for students and staff
All users at UiB can create their own web pages on the University's web server.
NB: These web pages for both staff and students must comply with the ICT regulations.
How to create the web site
The web site will be automatically created the first time you connect to the web server.
The web site will be published in a web browser like this http://folk.uib.no/username
How to connect to the web server
Off campus: Use VPN to connect to the UiB network
- Right-click on "My Computer" and select "Map network drive"
- Type "\\folk.uib.no\username
- Tick for Connect using different credentials.
- uib\username (for employees) or
- student\username (for students)
- and password
- In Gnome, you can press Ctrl-L in the file manager to access the address bar.
- Type this address smb://folk.uib.no/username
- Login with UiB username and password. Use domain UIB
- Select "Go" from the menu in Finder, then Connect to Server
- Type smb://folk.uib.no/username
- Log in with the username uib\username or student\username
login.uib.no does not require VPN when you are off campus.