Mac OS X: Problems connecting to shared folders/servers in Mavericks (10.9)
Some users might experience problems connecting to shared folders/servers in Mavericks (10.9). Such problems might include the ability to establish a connection, but not to view files and folders. The reason is the way in which the computer communicates with the servers. The solution is tell the computer how to communicate.
You can do this using a config file we have created. Follow these steps:
- Disconnect all servers, home folders, shared folders etc.
- Go to [tjinfo.uib.no].
- Choose "Tilgjengelig lisensiert programvare", and then "Mac-ClientSetup".
- Download the file called nsmb.conf.zip.
- Open the zip file and copy the file nsmb.conf.
- Place the file in ~/Library/Preferences.
For technical information see: https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/darwin/reference/manpages/man5/nsmb.conf.5.html