Mac OS X: Known problems with upgrading OS X
Problems as of August 2018:
Concerning uprading to 10.14 (To Mojave):
Apple will release the new operating system Mac OS Mojave (10.14) in September/October 2018.
MacOS versions which will most likely be able to upgrade to Mojave:
- MacBook Pro (mid 2012 and newer)
- MacBook Air (mid 2012 and newer)
- MacBook (early 2015 and later)
- iMac (late 2012 or newer)
- iMac Pro (2017 or newer)
- Mac Pro (late 2013 or newer, or mid 2010 and mid 2012 models with Metal capable GPU)
- Mac Mini (late 2012 or newer)
Aspects to consider when it comes to system updates
Make sure you have a backup of all data stored on the computer before upgrading.
We also recommend to do the upgrade and first login while at UiB Campus network (Cable)
Contact BRITA if experience any problems. UiBhjelp phone: +47 555 84 700