Changing of job/affiliation internal on UiB
- 1 Checklist for changing of job/affilation internal on UiB
- 1.1 Changing Department
- 1.2 What does an employee need to do when changing job
- 1.3 Access to the new units network locations
- 1.4 Report to the IT-department about moving
- 1.5 Your user name and password does not change when you change job/affiliation
Checklist for changing of job/affilation internal on UiB
This is for employees who are changing workplace from one unit (Department/institute) to another.
Students becoming employees apply for a normal employee account (staff) at Sebra.uib.no
Employees who needs an student account can create this themselves, Sebra.uib.no click the link "student" under Create Account. You have to have a valid semester registration to create a student account (it must be done a minimum of one hour in advance).
These routines apply primarily for both the old and new position for those who are paid with a monthly salary from UiB or UNIFOB.
Other routines may apply if you aren't paid monthly by UiB or UNIFOB.
If you already have an employee account (active or blocked), do not apply for a new one. You will use the same user-id in your new employment. The IT-department and SEBRA will possibly change your email etc. to reflect your new position.
Approvers can give access to the departments network locations and intranet pages without a formal application. (new since 15 September 2009).
What does an employee need to do when changing job
- Make sure that the department he or she quits/starts at reports to Personal- og økonomiavdelingen (POA) about the new affiliation.
- The information in the personnel system (PAGA) is the basis for the affiliation in the data systems and must be in order to be able to get the correct accesses.
- The information in the personnel system is also the basis for the entries in the electronic telephone directory and in UiBhjelp.
Access to the new units network locations
The easiest way to get access to the network locations for your new department is to contact an approver, who can give you access through SEBRA. (Note that this only counts for network locations related to an department that's being administrated through SEBRA.)
Network locations that aren't related to departments needs to be handled outside of SEBRA.
Report to the IT-department about moving
When you report to the IT-department about Changing Workplace/affiliation we will:
- Change your email address so that it reflects which unit you have a new affiliation with.
(Your old email address will still work and all emails sent to it will still be shown in the inbox of your new email.)
- Consider if your storage locations on the network (home- and profile catalogs) should be moved to another server, and possibly
conduct this change.
If your computer is moving with you, from one location to another in conjunction with your new changes
Report to the IT-department about this- preferably before you move the computer - by calling BRITA (555)87400 or creating an issue in UiBhjelp.
Inform us with the following:
- Where you are moving from (location, building, room)
- Where you are moving to (location, building, room)
- The name of the computer (Can be found in Windows by choosing: start -> support -> show computer info)
The IT-department will make sure that the computer will get access to the network on the location you are moving to, and they will update the new name/information about the computer in our systems.
If you are changing telephone number
Normally you keep your telephone number when you change job.
All you need to do is move the number to your new location.
If you are changing to a new number, the telephone central needs to be notified, so we can update the number directory. Please contact us through UiBhjelp, or on phone 55580000
Your user name and password does not change when you change job/affiliation
Your user name will never change.You can change your password in SEBRA.