From IThelp @ UiB
This is the IT departments A-Z page. A list of systems, organisations and applications that are related to the IT world at University of Bergen.
If you think something is missing in this list, please feel free to add.
- Basware - Basware is Bergen's system for electronic management of ordering (purchasing) and inbound invoice processing. Basware will also be used for automatic handling of invoices governed by contracts without reservation.
- BRITA - IT-department usersupport for employees (BRukerstøtte ved IT-Avdelingen. Contact BRITA through UiBhjelp, itchat.uib.no, or on phone 55584700.
- Client - either a computer or similar, or software that receives IT services from a server via a physical and/or wireless network.
- Cristin - The Research Information System CRIStin is a tool for researchers and research institutions in Norway, which is aimed to record and promote the publication data, projects, units and competency profiles. The system is also used for reporting of publication points.
- Discoverer - a report tool used with some of the central administrative systems.
- External web - http://www.uib.no/en is sometimes called The External Web
- Exchange - server-system behind the Outlook services
- FEIDE - Joint electronic identity is a secure identification in the education sector. UiB users with a SEBRA user account can log on systems that support FEIDE.
- For Employees - http://www.uib.no/en/foremployees
- FRIDA - is now Cristin
- FS - Felles Studentsystem is the University of Bergen administrative student system.
- IMAP - IMAP (Internet Message Access Protocol) is an Internet protocol for retrieving email.
- Issue Tracker - http://bs.uib.no (no longer used for incident handling, replaced by UiBhjelp)
- KARK - KARK is a system for teaching, education, discussion and communication. More information can be found at: kark.uib.no
- LØP OF Discoverer - LØP (Lønn, Økonomi og Personal), translated to english: Payroll, Finance and Personnel. OF stands for Oracle Financial. Support information: Lopfirstname.lastname@example.org. Support OF / Run-help (555 83500) is answered in the period at 09.00 to 14:30.
- News service - http://meldinger.uib.no/engelsk.php, here you can current news from the University of Bergen
- Meltzerfondets - Meltzerfondet, http://www.meltzerfondet.no, Meltzerfondet hands out research awards, funding for research and travel grant for researchers. The Fund also share out grants to students. Award Ceremony takes place each year on Lauritz Meltzers birthday 8 March.
- Meltzerfondets søknadsside - https://meltzer.uib.no, system for the electronic receipt of applications
- Offline files
- Open source - Free Software and source code. UIB endeavors to apply this to the greatest extent possible, where the functionality is equal to or better than commercial software. Examples are Firefox, Thunderbird, R (statistics software) and Open Office.
- Profile - many of your personal settings on your PC are stored in a separate profile folder. These are downloaded from the server when you log on, and changes are uploaded when you log off. This means that you can take your settings to another PC. Note that the profile of the laptop computers only exist on that particular machine, that is why it looks different on the laptop than on the desktop machine.
- PIN-code - The pincode (four digits) should be on the giro you are sent for payment of the semester. If you have not gotten giro, or if you have forgotten your PIN, contact the Student Counseling Langesgt 1 (tel 555 82150)
- SEBRA - SEBRA is the user administration system for UiB
- Server - a server in information and communication technology is a computer which offers IT services to other (client or server) computers, including pads, smartphones etc.
- SMTP - Simple Mail Transfer Protocol
- Studentportalen - also called Mi Side, http://miside.uib.no, is an interactive intranet for students at UiB.
- Webmail - http://webmail.uib.no offers web access to email services at UiB
- Wikihost - https://it.uib.no/en/Wikihost is a MediaWiki service from the IT department to the institutes and departments at UiB