User support for students
You may contact IT user support in several ways:
- Chat with us on itchat.uib.no (9 am-3 pm all workdays)
- Register an issue: UiBhjelp
- Call us (+47) 55 58 47 00 (8 am-3:45 pm all workdays)
- Meet us at one of the user support stations on campus (see below)
- Self service Check out it.uib.no for information concerning UiBs IT-services.
- The most essential IT-services for students can be found on the page User support for students.
Meet IT user support at these following locations
The number refers to the campus map below. Click the link for MazeMap reference!
|Arts and Humanities Library
|| 37 Haakon Sheteligs plass 7
||9 am-4 pm Mon.-Fri.|
|Faculty of Law||44 Jusbygget, 6. floor, room 638 near the Info center||10 am-3 pm Mon.-Fri.|
|Bibliotek for samfunnsvitenskap og musikk||18 Fosswinckels gate 14, 2. floor||10 am-3 pm Mon.-Fri.|
|Mathematics and Natural Sciences Library||8 Realfagbygget, near the south entrance, vis-a-vis the coffee bar||10 am-3 pm Mon.-Fri.|
|Medical Library||B BB-bygget, 3. floor, room 3A112F||10 am-3 pm Mon.-Fri.|
|Faculty for Arts, Music and Design||KMD-bygget, Møllendalsveien 61, 1. floor, information||8 am-5 pm, Mon., Wed. and Fri.|
'Duringthe summer holidays (ca 8 weeks) the IT assistants are off work. User support will not be fully operative during the first few weeks of the autumn term 2018. Please contact the IT Service Desk BRITA.
What the IT-assistants can help you with
- Questions about IT issues concerning your studies
- All issues concerning PC labs, student printers and UiB's IT services
- Connecting private computers to the wireless network and printing services
- Basic help with Mitt UiB, Webmail, Sebra and standard software
- Help with computers managed by the IT department at UiB
- Solve or pass on issues in UiBhjelp
- Supervise the printers (refill toner and paper)
What the IT-assistants will not help you with
- Private computer equipment, other than connecting it to UiBs VPN network or using UiBs IT services
- Questions not assosiated with UiBs IT services, such as study guidance - though we may be able to direct you to other offices.